Monday, September 1, 2008

Peace....

What does peace means to us?? is it when there is no quarrels, no wars, no conflict is peace?? yeah that is a kind of peace but wat i wan to focus on today is on individual peace. When we often face problems in we always feels that the problems is overwhelming that we frustrate ourselves jsut to solve it and at times when we sleep we even dream/think about it where is that peace of mind u might say.

I was reading Philippians 4 and v7 says And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. How does God's peace feel like?? like mention in the verse, that peace will guard your hearts and your minds. I would say is a special peace that is a peace that we want over and over again, it is so peaceful that somehow your problems is solve and there is no more worries about it. So how do we get this peace of God?? Believe in Jesus. And in the same chapter v6 it says Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Well that verse is just what God's peace is. For me personally i like Psalm 23:

The Lord is my Shepherd, i shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
He leads me besides quiet waters,
He restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil,
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff,
They comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
And i will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

This psalm always reminds me with all my troubles come over me, all i need to do is just trust in the Lord and He will get me out of it giving His peace.=)

No comments: